What is a customer data hub ?
The Customer Data Hub (CDH) offers an integrated solution for all business and customer data across the entire data life cycle.
Operating a worldwide business while maintaining close contact with local customers across all channels presents a major challenge for many companies. While most companies have large stores of data on individual customers or prospects, oftentimes this data is stored in disparate systems spread throughout various departments in the company. These data silos hinder a 360° view of the customer and inconsistencies in the data itself ‘dilute’ the customer image, resulting in sub-optimal customer service.
Data is the lifeblood of every successful business. As such, data needs to keep flowing to deliver value. Contrary to popular belief, the data lifecycle should not stop at collecting, connecting and turning data into insights through data warehouses or lakes. A complete digital transformation requires delivering those data-driven insights into everything you do. Many organizations are turning to 360° customer data hubs to keep the value of their data flowing, so it can reach its full potential.
Get a Single View of the Customer with a Customer Data Hub
Managing the end-to-end customer experience means you need a single view of your customer across all touchpoints. You need to manage data across your whole enterprise.
A customer data hub includes all of the core customer data that can be found across your marketing, sales, customer service and finance teams; across your lines of business; and across your regions and channels.
In addition to data management, a CDH ensures the high quality of your data by:
- identifying and resolving duplicate customer profiles across applications and data sources
- validating the accuracy of contact information (email, phone and address)
- enriching customer profiles with other data sources
- managing relationships between:
- customers and their households, family members or influencers
- customers and company employees or sales channel partners
- customers and the products, services or assets they purchase or rent
- a customer’s profile in marketing apps, the CRM app and their social profile.
A CDH delivers clean, safe, consistent data, making it a powerful tool for improving marketing results and customer experience. Because its data is shared across the whole organization, every customer interaction can be based on consistent, accurate and up-to-date customer data.